Upcoming Community Meetings:
11/19 Magnolia Community Council General Meeting
Project Address: 2550 32nd Avenue West, Seattle 98199. Located in Seattle’s Magnolia Neighborhood.
Project Number: 3034348-EG
Developer/Applicant: Security Properties
Project Description: Security Properties is proposing to demolish an existing 18,511 square foot Albertsons grocery store, built in 1955, and replace it with a new 25,000 square foot Safeway grocery store. Designed for the Magnolia neighborhood, the ground-floor store will have approximately 138 units of residential housing above. The housing will be either condominiums or apartments. The project proposed is code compliant with the City of Seattle zoning code.
The mixed-used building will be a total of 7 stories and will include underground vehicular and bike parking stalls for both the residential and commercial uses. Security Properties has had some early conversations with community stakeholders and based on those conversations is also considering:
- Limited short-term, surface parking for the grocery store
- Plaza area with outdoor seating
- Landscaping for the plaza area
- Public art component that is inspired by Magnolia
- Smaller delivery trucks to service this neighborhood Safeway
- Sustainable Design through the Living Building Challenge (see biophilic design page)
Security Properties is still in the due diligence phase of planning. This means that some design decisions are still pending City of Seattle discussions. As those discussion progress, this website will be updated to include:
- Floor Plans
- Community Meetings: 11/19 Magnolia Community Council General Meeting
- Status of the City Permitting: working on submitting early design plans in mid-November
Process: To find out more early outreach for design review, visit the Department of Neighborhood’s website. To track our progress through the City of Seattle’s design review and permitting process, search the project address: 2550 32nd Avenue West, or project number 3034348-EG in the Design Review Calendar and the Seattle Services Portal.
Contact Person: Kym Michela, Michela Communications. Please submit any questions or issues that you would like Security Properties to consider via the contact form below so that they can be part of the public comment process.